Everyone likes to hear fun facts every now and then, right? Ranging from the surprising to just plain gross, here’s 10 facts about your mouth that you may have never heard before! You’re sure to learn enough from this list to impress anyone with your extensive dental knowledge.
1. Most people have 10,000 taste buds.
2. Your taste buds are replaced every two weeks.
3. Tooth enamel, the coating on your teeth, is the strongest substance in the human body.
4. The average person’s mouth produces one to two liters of saliva a day.
5. You need saliva in order to taste food
6. How often do you floss? Only 50% of Americans floss their teeth every day.
7. Your tongue print and teeth are just as unique as your fingerprint.
8. One milliliter of your saliva holds approximately 100 million bacteria.
9. If your wisdom teeth never came in, you aren’t alone. 35% of people are born without wisdom teeth.
10. Lips can dry out and chap faster than other parts of the body because they have no oil glands.
Which fact did you find most interesting. . . or odd? Leave your answer in a comment below!